Kirkland's Suburban Chickens 1

marishfish

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 6, 2014
Kirkland, Wa
From what I know, there are not many people that keep chickens in our area. There is a neighbor, however, that has 14+ chickens living in her house. I only have 3. 2 hens and 1 pullet. I absolutely love my new araucana Beata, and RIR Bandit, and my Spoiled Buff Orp. pullet, Buttercup. Gracie, my dog, thinks that Buttercup is her baby. She chases her, but doesn't bite her. Like she wants to play. Gracie is more of a gentle giant. Beata and Bandit have not gotten into any trouble, but Buttercup sure has. She escapes from her box when I'm not home and she leaves droppings all over my bedroom. She also has tried to eat over 8 feet of pink yarn. The first time, it was a mere 2 feet and a few inches, though the second time it was over 5 feet 6 inches. My brother assisted me in extracting the yarn, but it sure was scary. I thought that we had pulled her tongue. Beata and Bandit are just settling into their new coop, and Buttercup is inside for today, but will go in tonight. Will report on how it all turns out!

this is Bandit (she steals food from Beata)
this is Beata (a Polish name)
this is (Princess) Buttercup

Back
Top Bottom