Knishes and Mushroom Soup

rebbetzin

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 4, 2008
Tucson AZ
On Wednesday evenings I try to make a light, but nice meal before we leave for services. Last night I made some really nice knishes (If I do say so myself!) and with it some Homemade Mushroom soup.

I thought the plate looked pretty...

Mushroomsoupandknishesemail.jpg

And we had enough left over, so tonight when my husband came home starving from Karate Class, I just heated it up for him!!

Okay, going to show my ignorance here, but what are Knishes?

They look really good, no matter what, so now I have to go find something to eat.

Quote:
The soup recipe comes from an out of print HPBook Cookbook, Soups & Stews.

Here is the page for Creamed Soups, maybe you can save off the page and enlarge it a bit to see the recipes better.

CreamSoupsedited.jpg

The Knishes, are very easy, since I cheat and use a Cresent Roll dough from the grocery store. The refrigerator type bisquits of any kind work, if you don't feel like making dough. Any yeast of bisquit dough will work.

I use left over meats and potatos for the fillings.

I cut up onion and garlic saute it then add it to the meat and potato mixture. You can also make them vegetarian, or add cheese to the potato mixture.

They can be filled with about anything. It seems every culture has a type of filled bun of sorts.

I don't have recipe per se... But my favorite dough to use is Pilsbury Cresent dough.
I just like the way it tastes, and it is easy to work with.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom