Labor Day Chicken Gathering - Tahlequah, OK

Is the date September 2nd?
Yes. The event date is Labor Day, September 2nd, which is a Monday. The gate will open at 8:00 a.m. for those who like to set up early : )

We've had a few power outages in the least week, and my battery charger is flakey. I wonder if it was fried in a power surge as the power came back on.

Here's a picture of the second beanbag board. I put the numbers in so that people tossing bean bags can keep score. The wood circles you see are not painted. That's my coop showing through the holes. There were too many reflections taking photos inside, so my coop served as a photo stand. The fence post running through hole #5 and hole #2 are a little confusing. I'll have pictures of two other boards, for people to stand behind to have pictures taken, in a couple of days. School starts August 20th in out district, so I'm running in three directions at once getting everything ready.

WHAT YOU'RE BRINGING
1. our 5acre farm - African geese, pekin ducks (young and year-olds), and duckwing silkie cross juveniles. PM if you're interested so they can be taken to the LDCG. New chicken plucker fingers for $1.00 apiece.
2. BetsyOK will bring silkies and showgirls; from pet quality to show quality. Coral blue guinea and young lemon blue OEG cockerel.
3. Poco Pollo - Pearl Guinea Keets, a few pullets, and perhaps a couple of roosters.
4. Genepittman - might bring young silver grey dorkings, maybe some young double barred lemon cuckoo orpingtons, probably some year-old and some 3-month old Embden and Embden X Toulouse geese. Planning on bringing some young black banties. Some bantie chicks some silver grey dorking chicks some young double barred lemon cuckoo orpingtons a pair of bantam partridge cochins a pair of Japanese black mottled bantams. A trio of lf buff Cochins a pair of light Sussex. Some silver grey dorking hatching eggs. Some white Embden geese and goslings some cute young bunnies. Some large waterers. More maybe.
5. Hatching eggs? Is anyone bringing hatching eggs?
6. xeking - 5-month-old pearl guinea keets and 1 mature pearl male.
7. Ebers - May bring 2 barred rocks and 2 Ameraucanas, around 8 weeks old, unsure of sexes.

WHAT YOU'RE HOPING TO FIND

1. Cockerels less then ten weeks old: barred rock, sex links, RIR
2. Silver spangled Hamburg hens, Orpingtons

PEOPLE WHO PLAN TO ATTEND - SPACE RESERVED
D.gif

To reserve your space, post on the thread or send Poco Pollo a PM. When you arrive, check in at the gate. Make a donation to help us pay for the porta-potty rentals. Receive one token for every dollar donated. Tokens will be used for the prize drawing at 2:00 p.m.
1. BetsyOK

2. Poco Pollo - closest to the entrance gate so that she can be gate keeper, information officer, and collector of the donations for the porta potties. Remember, your donation gives you an opportunity to participate in the prize drawing.
3. our 5acre farm
4. Lillie and Genepittman
5. xeking
6. Cathiesue
7. Kassaundra
8. (Maybe) Richard Besser
9. Jean Rodgers (Space near BetsyOK)

Last edited:
A lady I go to church with lost every one of her chickens so I gave her my sex-link pullets & my leghorn pullet so she'd have a start on another flock I wanted to let you know so you can take them off the list

Apparently I'm not smart enough to put pictures on here. Gonna keep trying. Planning on bringing some young black banties. Some bantie chicks some silver grey dorking chicks some young double barred lemon cuckoo orpingtons a pair of bantam partridge cochins a pair of Japanese black mottled bantams. A trio of lf buff Cochins a pair of light Sussex. Some silver grey dorking hatching eggs. Some white Embden geese and goslings some cute young bunnies. Some large waterers. More maybe. Pictures if I figure it out

Back
Top Bottom