Lady BB Gone Country

Nov 5, 2023
We were given some chickens and four of them are new to me. I think they may be two different breeds or quite possible mix breed. Can you help identify them? I know the red one is Red Sexlink which are awesome. My four “Golden Girls” give us an egg almost every single day of the year!
Thanks in advance for this new country girl and loving it.

Attachments

• IMG_6574.jpeg
    IMG_6574.jpeg
    500.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6576.jpeg
    IMG_6576.jpeg
    820.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6568.jpeg
    IMG_6568.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6565.jpeg
    IMG_6565.jpeg
    609.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6562.jpeg
    IMG_6562.jpeg
    466.3 KB · Views: 17
These to me look like EEs or EE mixes (so mixes of mixes) what color eggs do they lay? The red girl is an ISA brown, or as you said RSL
We’ve had blue-green eggs from one of the black ones. A brown from the RSL. None from the others yet. I think they are still getting settled in.
Yeah, they're Easter eggers. Pretty hens.
Thank you for giving meaning to the EE comment. lol. All I know is the RSL ones.

Hi there and welcome to BYC! :frow

My first thought before seeing the other posts.. was also EE. They have no standard of perfection and therefor vary quite a bit in feather pattern and features (comb type, skin/shank/lobe color, beard, etc).. also very common to be mixed in their breeds (or "hybrid")..

Gorgeous ladies! :love
Thank you. I think they are pretty. Not biased or anything. Lol

We’ve had blue-green eggs from one of the black ones. A brown from the RSL. None from the others yet. I think they are still getting settled in.

Thank you for giving meaning to the EE comment. lol. All I know is the RSL ones.
You're welcome. I thinks it is unfortunate that people just use EE when a lot of people aren't going to know what that means.

Back
Top Bottom