Lame silkie chick

Don't you feel that you should continue the amprollium for possible coccidiosis with her bloody droppings? Only one thing can be used in the water at the same time. I would keep going with the amprollium, and give a little food rich in riboflavin, but just a little. Yogurt is good anyway to help with probiotics.

Yes, I'm continuing with the amprollium, I just wasn't sure I should be giving that, and vitamins. She's had some good quality plain yoghurt today, and this afternoon there is a definite improvement in the strength in one of her legs. No more clawing of that foot and it's much stronger.

On a side note, I only saw what looked like blood in one dropping. Nothing since

Amprollium is a thiamine inhibitor in the coccidia oocyst, and some feel that giving vitamin B or thiamine may be harmful while on amprollium or Corid. Riboflavin or B2 deficiency is what can cause the curled toe paralysis. So for that reason, I would continue the vitamins. There is nothing in the drug books about not giving vitamins during amprollium treatment, and in fact chick feed has vitamins, I really don't buy into that belief, but that is only my opinion.

I reckon your thinking is sound :)
I'll continue with the vitamins.

Thank you so very much for your time and assistance!
I really do appreciated it

Back
Top Bottom