Lamona Chicken Fanciers Thread

Lamona Chicken Fanciers Thread Poll

• We currently have Lamona large fowl chickens.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • We currently have Lamona bantam chickens.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We would be interested in breeding Lamonas chickens.

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • We are members of the ALBC.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • We are members of the APA.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • We are members of the ABA.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • We are members of the SPPA.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
have female lamona...needs new home...otherwise freezer camp...please pm...and we can talk....have about four days maybe less...about five months old

Why would you put in freezer camp???!!!! This breed is almost extinct.
Okay I know how old this thread is. But I have been interested in reviving Lamonas since I started raisign chickens in 2011.

But I can't find ANYONE who raises them or has any birds from the original flock, if there still are some..

Is there anybody on this thread that is active and might sell chicks or eggs?

been working on lamonas for a few years , , dont show them much , as I am picky , and they are usually out of condition as I keep them to breed only at this point , but I have a pic from a breeding pen this year taken about 2 weeks ago , I am using a male with slightly longer legs than desired for fertility , the hens all have really nice type , again this is out of a breeding pen.
Do they still lay white eggs?

I shipped quite a few this spring , but with the cost of the eggs and poor performance of of hatching after shipping( yes I stand behind them) I credited the cost of eggs towards pairs and trios, so currently I am only selling adults . It will be limited . Currently I have 50 out , planning one more round later this month. I will be culling tight according to the SOP , concentrating on building the show line and 2017 breeders . This fall I will be hitting a few of the larger Midwestern shows hopefully with a 20 bird string . So you can see why I have to limit the number do birds sold. Currently there are 4 trios spoken for.

Hello.

I went to the Livestock Conservancy page and Lamonas aren't listed on their poultry breeds list.
Any idea why?

If anybody has eggs available, I would be very interested. I just moved back to a place where I could start hatching birds and I'd love to work on this project, either LF or bantams.

They are in the census report but you have to look close to see the line, but I nor the other breeder that have them are not registered with them , and the numbers are so low , one good disaster and it will be over . That is why we keep them at 2 locations.

Greenfire farms just purchased a trio of Lamonas from this line. We are currently hatching chicks . If anyone wants to get in on the ground floor of this pm me.

Back
Top Bottom