Last-minute hatching question

chicky_duck

Chirping
Dec 7, 2021
I recently bought a new incubator and this is my first batch of chicks using it. This is day 18 for the eggs and I was simply wondering if the eggs needed to be able to roll around, or if keeping the turner piece in would be fine. (the turner automatically turns off 3 days prior to hatching) this is the incubator I am using. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793HHZ1L?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details (I haven't tried copying a link in a while so tell me if it doesn't work.)

It's best to remove the turner. I have a similar setup and I also use ventilated shelf liner because they will be flopping around and the padding helps. Be sure to post pics of the babies!
20230124_104850.jpg

It's best to remove the turner. I have a similar setup and I also use ventilated shelf liner because they will be flopping around and the padding helps. Be sure to post pics of the babies! View attachment 3403655

I second this! It's always best to remove the turner so they're less likely to get caught in it and injure themselves. They're very very floppy when they first hatch. Good luck with your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom