Lavender Ameraucana bantams

Bergere

Chirping
Jan 1, 2012
I ended up hatching out a few Lavender Ameraucana bantams last summer. Watched them grow up and they are now laying eggs.

Have to say... I love them! They are fast becoming my favorites.

Hard to get photos of them, with out the other chickens photo bombing. The Blue copper marans are now in the other Hen house with the big chickens.

His color is not good for a lavender, but I am keeping him for now.

O
ne of the Lavender Hens.

The Better Rooster.

First egg.

Anyone else love these chickens too?

I have 2 LA bantam hens. One of the breeders on the LA breeder list lives about 45 minutes north of me. He sold me 2 chicks (straight run but they both turned out to be female) and 1 hen with crooked toes for 1/2 price cuz nobody wanted her and GAVE me a 3-year-old hen that stopped laying but I said she'd have a good home here. I paid $16 for all of them.

One of the chicks disappeared when they were about 3 months old and the older hen just died of old age last week. So I still have Crooky & Blue. And they are BOTH characters! Always first to run to greet me out in the yard and "talking" to me in little cheeps & clucks. Following me around for treats, etc. they have WAY more personality than usual I think!

Another thing I found interesting is the 3 I had would always flock together. Even though they were different ages, once I put the baby with the whole flock, the LA's just kinda stayed together. They also roost right up against one another. Weird.

Last edited:
I know this is an extremely late reply, but I just reserved two lavender Ameraucana bantam chicks. Hatched this past Monday and I will pick them up this coming Monday. I am so excited!! They are such pretty little birds. Was hoping for maybe a thread about them or something, but no such luck. Anyways, your birds are beautiful. Hope mine turn out just as lovely. :)

Beautiful Ameraucana bantams Happbooker and HoulaHoula.

Did not know there were white Ameraucana Bantams around. Way cute.

Look forward to photos Gidget.

Me.... I was waiting of some more Lavender chicks... depressed to say... they don't have them.
Only reason I sold my stock, to a lady that really, really wanted them, is because I was supposed to be able to
get more chicks.
Sigh ~~

The old adage, never could your chickens before they hatch.... is true.

Better late than never! Was beginning to think others didn't like them.

Glad to hear you are getting a couple of chicks. If they are anything like mine, you will love them!!
I'm another late-to-the-party lavender bantam AM owner. I was thinking I wanted to start out with BBS bantam AMs but decided late in the season when most of the chick orders had already gone out. I was extremely lucky to find a great breeder who had some lavs and silver chicks available so a little change in plans but all things for a reason, right?

I'm really excited to see the lavs grow out. Already I see a difference in their laid back, sweet temperaments compared to the flightier silvers.

Temple in CT

I know a lot of people that want them, but can't find them.

Right now, there is only one breeder that sells them and he is sold out for this year.

Did you get John's lav and silvers?

Hope they are sweet as mine are!

Back
Top Bottom