Lavender Ameraucana vs Olive Egger

Attachments

• IMG_5807.jpeg
    IMG_5807.jpeg
    552.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5804.jpeg
    IMG_5804.jpeg
    736.5 KB · Views: 5
9 week update. Here is the lavender Ameraucana. Pretty sure it’s a little cockerel. Agreed? Or is there still a chance for a pullet?
IMG_8214.jpeg

And here is the “olive egger”. Although I’m thinking this is also more likely another lavender Ameraucana? They look pretty similar to me. I think this one has a little bit of the shredder gene though. And on the fence about whether a girl or a boy. The comb is still fairly red but not nearly as large and raised as the other. Thoughts?
IMG_8216.jpeg

9 week update. Here is the lavender Ameraucana. Pretty sure it’s a little cockerel. Agreed? Or is there still a chance for a pullet?View attachment 3841708

And here is the “olive egger”. Although I’m thinking this is also more likely another lavender Ameraucana? They look pretty similar to me. I think this one has a little bit of the shredder gene though. And on the fence about whether a girl or a boy. The comb is still fairly red but not nearly as large and raised as the other. Thoughts? View attachment 3841709
Your second one still looks like a lavender ameraucana to me. Just my opinion. Can you post a picture of the first one (or both) from the side?

Your second one still looks like a lavender ameraucana to me. Just my opinion. Can you post a picture of the first one (or both) from the side?
Here is the lavender Ameraucana “Teton” from the side
IMG_8265.jpeg

And then “Olivia” my supposed Olive Egger (but I think another lavender Ameraucana)
IMG_8273.jpeg

Do you think there’s a chance either is a pullet? I feel like Teton has to be a little cockerel. He’s beautiful though…

It's definitely possible to have a lavender olive egger! I currently have sapphire alove Eggers which looked identical to the chick in the picture! I've raised hundreds of birds, so my guess would be that the lavender ameraucana is a cockerel, butter with that being said, I have had more prominent females before that had my tricked until they were about 6 weeks old. Ameraucanas have pea combs. Pullets will have one row while cockerels have three. They all look pretty similar while they are babies. Once you have three rows actually growing and turning puck then you know it's a boy. Pullets can appear to have three rows but then only the middle one shows any progress.
9 weeks old now. Thinking this lavender Ameraucana is a cockerel, right?
IMG_8266.jpeg
IMG_8214.jpeg

And what about this olive egger? Hoping at least one is a pullet.

IMG_8273.jpeg

IMG_8216.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom