Lavender Araucana chicks sexing

LDev

Songster
10 Years
May 31, 2013
Scotland
I know there are posts on here already about this and but even looking through them I’m none the wiser. I’ve posted before and thanks to advice On previous post including pics of my Lavender Araucanas and my Indian Game crosses I think I’m ok with my Indian Game chicks, but my lavenders are still a mystery so am reposting to see if anyone else had an idea. I had another Lavender but he was so obviously a male....but these other two look totally different to him. One is bigger and they were hatched a day apart. They are 7.5weeks old. The bigger one is the first one with the white line down it’s beak. Also note these are U.K. standard
060CD180-196F-43FD-84A6-9F85792E51FB.jpeg
88DABD57-36F2-4E7E-8726-A49636A68CD0.jpeg

E443E237-16C4-4951-BEF3-9189B8F3C7C4.jpeg
This one was the one challenging my Welsummer, feet in the air and flying, and a three row pea comb. He tried to mount one of the other Lavenders so was pretty certain of this being a cockerel. He is now at a friend’s with the Welsummer while I wait and see what the others are:)

Based on how red both of their faces are I would say both are cockerels.
Just a quick update..... one of each, the boy started to develop the longer tail feathers and has now gone for breeding...lucky boy has already had two young pullets bought for him as friends😂 the girl is staying with me along with my two Indian Game chicks who both turned out to be girls 👍🏻All coming up for 13 weeks on Friday and still got a fair bit of growing to do but all doing well!

Back
Top Bottom