Lavender Orpington cockerel or pullet?

Bekschicks

In the Brooder
Aug 23, 2017
We have had this chicken since hatched, it is looking more like a rooster to me, what do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_2502.JPG
    IMG_2502.JPG
    934.4 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_2503.JPG
    IMG_2503.JPG
    922.3 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_2506.JPG
    IMG_2506.JPG
    919.8 KB · Views: 179
We have had this chicken since hatched, it is looking more like a rooster to me, what do you think?

Your lavender Orpington is beautiful! I love the bright contrasting eyes. I would definitely guess it's a cockerel if the little fellow is comparable age to the others with it in pic three (I am throwing out a wild guess of 2-4 months? It is hard to tell because I am definitely not an expert). I love orpingtons and raised all mine from chicks and have noted the maturation rate. I can very honestly say that I have never seen a pullet with such a loose feather arrangement, such a generously developed set of wattles and such a full comb. If it is possibly a female, it would be a very unique pullet indeed! :)

He is 3 1/2 months old. I was hoping it was a hen but we can have another rooster, I love his color and will have to get a hen to match!

Hi there! Judging by your cockerel's age, does everyone think mine is a hen? Mine is the same age (15.5 weeks old) but has more prominent wattles than our other lavender orp who hatched on the same day (we got day-olds from Meyer), so it's making me worry!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-11.jpg
    FullSizeRender-11.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 168

Back
Top Bottom