Lavender Orpington Sexing

Oct 10, 2022
We just picked up four Lavender Orpington chicks that are four weeks old. I will try to get full body pictures this afternoon, but I'm assuming based on the comb development that one is a rooster. Any thoughts?
20221015_153324.jpg

4 weeks is a little bit early for sexing. But the one farthest to the right does have a more developed comb and appears to already be getting wattles. I think that one is probably a rooster. They're so pretty!

4 weeks is a little bit early for sexing. But the one farthest to the right does have a more developed comb and appears to already be getting wattles. I think that one is probably a rooster. They're so pretty!
I figured but that comb development just looks so suspicious 🤣 we are hoping that the other three are pullets. My daughter is so excited--she thinks their coloring is gorgeous since our existing flock are buffs.

I agree they looked suspicious before but now they look like pullets so far to me. Except maybe the third one. Still will take time to be sure though. Can’t really be sure till 8-12 weeks or longer. And Orpingtons especially can be hard to sex.

Back
Top Bottom