Laying chicken laid a tiny egg today

redheadmom

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 4, 2009
One of my girls laid a really tiny egg today after laying a nice size egg daily since they where 4 months old. Could it be due to a lot of rain in our area lately or maybe cooler temperatures. Less sunshine????

Anyone experience this???? Just when we started getting used too those far fresh eggs. Of course, the other eggs where normal today!

Thanks,
Cheryl

Just a boo boo in the plumbing you get every once in awhile. I have only gotten one in the 4 years I have had chickens.

Some call it a fart egg or wind egg.
smile.png

We were so glad to find this thread. We too got a suddenly stunted egg. Now we know there's nothing to worry about. Don't know what we'd do without BYC.

I guess something could trigger it but I think It's just one of those coincidence things. I had one like that last year haven't got another one since.I have heard of eggs with double shell layers,triple yolkers you name it.

They happen every once in a while. I've got one in the fridge right now. Usually won't see them very often. The hen's oviduct will put white and a shell around just about anything that comes down the chute.

.....Alan.

my easter egger who has always layed normal size eggs layed a tiny one today.....beautiful blue but it's about the size of a quarter......what are some reasons that this happens?????

Back
Top Bottom