Laying hens WANTED near Houston Texas

Nksg75

Crowing
9 Years
Aug 18, 2014
Needville Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Hi, I am looking to buy around 8 laying hens. I would like a variety of breeds if possible.
I have tried many avenues such as feed stores, Craigslist and green sheet. Most either have just chicks or roosters. If anyone within a reasonable (2 hr drive) distance has hens that are already laying I would like to purchase.

I would prefer to get them all from same person. Please respond if you have extra hens you are willing to depart with. They will not be food, just for eggs and pets!

Too bad you're so far away! I have eight hens that I have to give up, mixed flock, all friendly and healthy and about two weeks away from beginning to lay. We wanted someone to take them who would love them, not cook them!

hmm.png

I am sorry as well. It is probably a good thing though, we have a horrible summer that was packed full of Mosquitos and that led to Fowl pox in the chickens we bought. We lost 2 chickens to the wet pox, so I now have a closed flock. :(

Oh my goodness; that is so sad! I had no idea! I'm really sorry, I know how attached we all grow to our "babies".

Thank you for the kind words, yes I grow very attached to them.
I wish you the best of luck with finding a forever home for yours.
Just FYI, I used to work at the so a in Houston Texas, and we would get chickens in occasionally and would adopt them out. (As crazy as that sounds!)
The Houston SPCA might be one of the few that take in and adopt out livestock.
Just wanted to throw that idea out to you, I am not sure where you live. How far away are you from Texas?

Just came a cross your post from 2014 about purchasing chickens. I am in need of rehomeing 3 Red sex link adult 2 years old hens. I want to find a good home for them, they are not mean. If you are interested please let me know. I am willing to give them to a good home. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom