LEG INJURY, MITES, DYING?

Evolvingspirit

Chirping
Oct 19, 2021
OOLA Approx 3 years old Norwegian Jaerhorn

Lives Northern California rural area with predator birds. Chickens have locked in pen at night, free range day.
I think there may have been a predator attack. No feathers but she was limping and struggling to walk about 2 weeks ago. I put her in isolation and she seemed to get worse lowering
Head down, no energy
Painful for her to move
Legs shake bad when I pick her up. See video
Touch her leg and she immediately pulled back in pain
Don't know how to analyze broken bone or whatever.

TREATMENT

Noticed terrible mite infestation yesterday. OMG. In addition black on top of waddle. Can see in video. Sprayed antifungal twice daily for fungus. Gave Oola warm bath in baby shampoo with sponge. Cleaned her butt. Disinfected outside cage. Now have her in garage under heat lamp.

She's drinking very little on her own cause can't get around town, lol. Syringing her mouth about every 2xhrs or so with electrolytes and probiotics. Eating little food. Grapes, mushroom stems, pumpkin seed, scrambled eggs underlying chicken feed.
Thank you so much can't afford a vet.

Blessings
Stewart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240406_190651.jpg
    20240406_190651.jpg
    792.5 KB · Views: 8
Well if he leg is broke the question is where because I’m the pics she pulls her legs up to her chest, if they were broke I would think she wouldn’t have any control and they would just fall straight. have you looked her over for any holes, marks or anything. Try soaking her food in water to see if she eats more, if she does don’t worry about her drinking. is she pooping? Does she open her eyes at all? Could she have gotten a blow on her head, are there any marks. Are u giving her any vitamins. I would start with vitamin b complex from the dollar store.

Last edited:
Well if he leg is broke the question is where because I’m the pics she pulls her legs up to her chest, if they were broke I would think she wouldn’t have any control and they would just fall straight. have you looked her over for any holes, marks or anything. Try soaking her food in water to see if she eats more, if she does don’t worry about her drinking. is she pooping? Does she open her eyes at all? Could she have gotten a blow on her head, are there any marks. Are u giving her any vitamins. I would start with vitamin b complex from the dollar store.
Thank you so much. I didn't notice much poop in isolated pen outside. Since I had her inside for only 6 hrs, no poop. Didn't notice much at all outside. Only opens her eyes when I bother her. Didn't look for holes or marks around legs. Nothing obvious when I took photos. Her head is fine. The food is moist. When I give her water down mouth she sometimes takes few bites and that's it. I have a good muti with b complex. I'll give her that maybe with raw egg.

When I pick her up her body feels OK. She just can't hold any weight up. I thunk the red is just the photo.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom