Leg injury

Jerome32

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2023
Today when I checked out my ducks I noticed that they have entered into my parrot cage. Imagine 5 ducks in a parrot cage. I helped them out, but there was a huge problem with one of them. A leg of his was stuck between the cage and he was trying to release his feet for a few hours. I felt that he is going to die of fatigue. I tried my best to release his feet. Then I noticed that his feet has become a bit dark and noticed signs of contusion. He is limping now but eating and drinking normally. Can it heal on its own?

Today when I checked out my ducks I noticed that they have entered into my parrot cage. Imagine 5 ducks in a parrot cage. I helped them out, but there was a huge problem with one of them. A leg of his was stuck between the cage and he was trying to release his feet for a few hours. I felt that he is going to die of fatigue. I tried my best to release his feet. Then I noticed that his feet has become a bit dark and noticed signs of contusion. He is limping now but eating and drinking normally. Can it heal on its own?
Can you post a picture? you could do some Epsom salt soaks mixing the salt with nice warm water. Hopefully some soaks and rest and it will heal. Is there any cuts on the leg?

Thanks Lydia. Yes I will. No that part of cage wasn't sharp at all, so I don't think so. It's even harder than an equation for me to figure out how exactly five big ducks got into the cage! I will provide him Epsom salt with warm water. :)

That had to of been a site for sure. I wish you had gotten a picture of it. Reminds of years ago (and yes I am showing my age) when people use to see how many could pack themselves into a Volkswagen or a phone booth.

Back
Top Bottom