Leg problem?

She's bonded with you for life, you know. This may be a B-vitamin deficiency that causes weak muscle/nerve connections. Go to the store where they shelve the people vitamins. Get B-100 or B-50 complex. Give a half a tablet each day directly into her beak. It may take up to a month to see improvement so be patient and don't give up. Give a vitamin E capsule each day for a week as it can also help with nerve issues.
Should I keep her separate from the others as they are little bigger.
View attachment 3788416View attachment 3788417

She is on my belly going to sleep covered up and I’m rocking her. Yes,she will be spoiled!
I took a couple more photos. Looks like maybe the one is turning out. I’m not good at this. I’m new to chicken raising.

Has she always been able to get around okay? It looks like her hocks are flattened and swollen or enlarged. I think she may have 2 slipped tendons, since the tendons look flat on those. Or it might be leg bone deformity such as varus or valgus deformity. Slipped tendons can only be fixed by reducing them in the first day of life. Varus or valgus deformity is permanent. But I would give the B complex vitamins since those can be helpful. Here are a couple of articles to read with illustrations:
https://poultrydvm.com/condition/slipped-tendon

Has she always been able to get around okay? It looks like her hocks are flattened and swollen or enlarged. I think she may have 2 slipped tendons, since the tendons look flat on those. Or it might be leg bone deformity such as varus or valgus deformity. Slipped tendons can only be fixed by reducing them in the first day of life. Varus or valgus deformity is permanent. But I would give the B complex vitamins since those can be helpful. Here are a couple of articles to read with illustrations:
https://poultrydvm.com/condition/slipped-tendon
Yes she been able to get around okay since I got her at a couple days old. She is now 4 weeks.
So should I keep her separate from others and as inside pet?
I will look at the link you posted.

B complex is a concentrated form of all B vitamins including riboflavin and the others. If you have Rooster Booster vitamins with lactobacillus that is put into the feed, and it does have some riboflavin. If that is all you have, that can help until you can get some B complex or super B complex.The generic at Walmart of other stores is good.

Ruby is doing ok. I’ve been giving her vitamin B complex.
She kinda like slides around in her tote. Is there something I can put on her bad leg so she can get around better. She was outside in her tote for a while,yesterday and she loves to me rocked to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom