Legbar & RIR IDs needed

ericamdill

Hatching
Apr 5, 2022
Hey, everyone!
I’ve got 18 chickens here… it’s my first time hatching a clutch of eggs. I’ve got 10 Cream Legbar and 8 RIR. I’m having a difficult time IDing some of them… any chance y’all know the sex & breed?

Thanks so much in advance!
6D9EF181-A2D9-4C0B-B6BA-2954E6444147.jpeg

The RIR would be the 5 solid chicks that are rusty coloured. The 3 with undefined striping and light dots on their head are male legbars and your other 7 chipmunk striped chicks are the females. And I don’t know about the 3 yellow chicks cause although I’ve never had RIR chicks I didn’t think they were yellow, but maybe someone else can clarify that for you. 🤗

The RIR would be the 5 solid chicks that are rusty coloured. The 3 with undefined striping and light dots on their head are male legbars and your other 7 chipmunk striped chicks are the females. And I don’t know about the 3 yellow chicks cause although I’ve never had RIR chicks I didn’t think they were yellow, but maybe someone else can clarify that for you. 🤗
Thank you so much!

I am baffled by the 3 yellow chicks! They came out of blue eggs, but I’m wondering if another rooster had access to the hen at any point.

Weird! So did three of the stripped chicks come out of brown eggs?
They did! The two darkest striped chicks came out of a brown egg for sure. The only rooster with access to my RIR/cinnamon queen girls was a RIR rooster.

I could have missed something I suppose, the incubator was a bit hectic!

They did! The two darkest striped chicks came out of a brown egg for sure. The only rooster with access to my RIR/cinnamon queen girls was a RIR rooster.

I could have missed something I suppose, the incubator was a bit hectic!
They look just like my Crested Cream Legbar chicks that definitely came out of blue eggs, so definitely strange! The yellow fluff balls are cute, so it’ll be interesting to see what they grow up to be!

Back
Top Bottom