Leghorns comb has purple tips

lwolsin

Chirping
May 17, 2023
I have a 22 week old leghorn that has not started laying yet. I noticed today the very tips of her comb are purple in color. It is very hot here in west central Georgia so I’m hoping that is why. She is acting completely normal, eating and drinking fine. No issues with being egg bound as she hasn’t laid yet. I have also added electrolytes and vitamins to their water and treated her with vetRX as a precaution in case its respiratory. Anything else I should look for or try?

Attachments

• IMG_6591.jpeg
    IMG_6591.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6592.jpeg
    IMG_6592.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6590.jpeg
    IMG_6590.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 3
You could check and make sure there are no mites or lice. Since she's acting normally, eating, drinking etc and it has been hot I would just monitor and make sure she has plenty of cool fresh water and ways to keep cool.

You could check and make sure there are no mites or lice. Since she's acting normally, eating, drinking etc and it has been hot I would just monitor and make sure she has plenty of cool fresh water and ways to keep cool.
Thank you no nice of love that I see. It has been so hot here so I believe that’s it but will monitor her thank you for the help!!!

Back
Top Bottom