Lemon Blue Splash Cochin

tripleee

Songster
Apr 30, 2020
Hello! I have just recently got some lemon blue splash bantam cochin eggs and have them popped in the incubator yesterday. I am beyond excited for these eggs but I think I might have a silly question. From what I understand of Blue/Black/Splash you obviously will default to black or blue if the chick isn't splash. But with the lemon blues.... will the chicks just be lemon blue and lemon blue splash? Or is there a third option they can produce in theory?

Hello! I have just recently got some lemon blue splash bantam cochin eggs and have them popped in the incubator yesterday. I am beyond excited for these eggs but I think I might have a silly question. From what I understand of Blue/Black/Splash you obviously will default to black or blue if the chick isn't splash. But with the lemon blues.... will the chicks just be lemon blue and lemon blue splash? Or is there a third option they can produce in theory?

Lemon Blue Splash are Bl/Bl, Lemon Blues are Bl/bl and bl+/bl+ are just Dark Brown..! Blue will dilute the gold tone and splash even more so.

Thank you both so much! Do either of you by chance have a picture of the dark browns?

Back
Top Bottom