Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons

Quote:
I have been looking at your birds for months, your website, and this website.
When it comes to Orpingtons you really are the best, which is why they have become one of my favorite breeds.
I've gotten to the point where I can spot your Orpington blood lines in many of the photos posted on this website; they are gorgeous birds!
I hope, when I'm ready to hatch, that you will have eggs available for purchase.
I love the Lavenders, but I'd even take a mix if that is all you had at the time...including the Lemon Cuckoo Orps.

Thanks so much CC! We really enjoy working with the orpington breed and are happy to hear other's enjoying them too. We will likely hatch some of these through winter to continue our work on them, along with our mottled project. We had quite a few projects going, but have since decided to dump a few of them to focus on a couple colors we really enjoy. Our web site is due for some much needed updates. Hopefully we'll have time to work on that over winter as well.

Quote:
Yes..
tongue.png

Quote:
Are you working with the mottled ones anymore? I am having issues with the mottling growing out at about 3-4 months. I wish I could find another line.

Yes, we are still developing our mottled line. We are not using mottled birds from the lavender project. I can let you know when we have some available or feel free to check back next year on the progress.

Quote:
Are you working with the mottled ones anymore? I am having issues with the mottling growing out at about 3-4 months. I wish I could find another line.

Yes, we are still developing our mottled line. We are not using mottled birds from the lavender project. I can let you know when we have some available or feel free to check back next year on the progress.

Glad you are still working with them. The ones I have are all split for lavender, but I really just want to keep the black mottleds. Please , if you have a list or something, let me know when something is available.
smile.png

We're working on mottling we pulled from Sussex. It took a while to get them breeding true to just mottling and no leakage, but the recrosses to orps really helped and they are coming along nicely now. We didn't care for the ones from the lav project and tried another route. So far it is going really well. I'll keep you posted once we see how the next generation comes out.

Back
Top Bottom