Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons

We had one of our Lemon cuckoo's breed a barred rock hen. Thinking about hatching the egg to see what I get.

Cool!
big_smile.png
To both of you!

Last edited:
After looking closer to the pictures, I agree with you. The comb is very large for a Orpington comb, reflects a Lemon or Buff Rock. Got caught up in all the photo's, didn't pay close attention. Still very nice looking birds.

I just found this thread. We were able to get some Lemon Cuckoos last year and they are really great. Here are some pictures of our herd.

We have lots of chicks and eggs in the incubator right now. We just love this breed and will be committing
dedicated coop space to it going forward.

hmm.png
i am still confused about a buff orpington and a lemon cuckoo orpington and all that stuff about barred. not new to chickens but new to types of chickens. i have been around them most of my life, they were just chickens. now i am interested in the breeds. my aunt does the raising of them and has some buff orpingtons and they are beautiful but to me they look almost like the lemon cuckoo's do. anyone out there have an answer a newby can understand?
thanks
sharon

Back
Top Bottom