Lemon Pyle Brahma SOP?

AspenGrove

In the Brooder
Jan 8, 2023
Are there any breeders working towards a Lemon Pyle Brahma standard? Are there ones from other countries that could be referenced? I have some Lemon birds that I am happy with their structure but I am not familiar with the colouring standard. My APA SOP can’t help me with colouring this time sadly!

I'd love to see photos of them! As a not recognised color, I don't think anyone's working with making the coloration standardised yet. I could be horribly wrong though

I'd love to see photos of them! As a not recognised color, I don't think anyone's working with making the coloration standardised yet. I could be horribly wrong though
It takes quite a few years to get a new variety (colour) into the Book, but I was hopeful a group was working on it! I’ll have to take some photos later today, they’re beautiful “lemon-y” coloured, my one pullet laid her first egg today! They do have a bit of grey/darker colour on a few neck feathers that I’m not a fan of, but I’m not sure if they’re suppose to have them 😅

It takes quite a few years to get a new variety (colour) into the Book, but I was hopeful a group was working on it! I’ll have to take some photos later today, they’re beautiful “lemon-y” coloured, my one pullet laid her first egg today! They do have a bit of grey/darker colour on a few neck feathers that I’m not a fan of, but I’m not sure if they’re suppose to have them 😅

I don't think many are. Not even here in Europe. Don't take anything I say for granted, because I really don't know much about this color, just that I like it. I *think* that the grey is a common fault most have, nor sure though. It seems like it pops up mostly on the males. How exciting that your pullet laid her first egg!

I don’t know of anyone working to get them accepted but if you wanted to improve them, just follow the buff Brahma standard but sub “white” for black. Your gold might be lighter, just aim for the shade you like, I guess, since they’re your birds and don’t have a standard.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom