Lethargic duckling

Bevy326

Chirping
Aug 19, 2018
I have a 6 week old khaki Campbell duckling. 3 days ago I noticed she was not running around and playing with the other ducklings. I believe she is having mild seizures. Her eyes twitch and will close and then she pops out of it. I have given her niacin and charcoal. She had some molasses mixed with water. She is eating some food and drinking some water. She seemed to be getting a little better, but as of this morning is not improving anymore. Though she isn't worse. I put her in the tub with some water and she had no interest in swimming. I have been keeping her segregated at night. All the other ducklings are fine. I can't think of anything she would have gotten into. Aside from bringing her to the vet is there anything else that I could do to help her?

Sorry to hear you have a sick baby. Any chance you can post a video of her? Dr.0, ( Isaac 0 ) Should be around sometime today and will be better able to assist you. Maybe a better electrolyte like sav-A-chick might help boost her a bit? :confused: Good luck.

Sorry to hear you have a sick baby. Any chance you can post a video of her? Dr.0, ( Isaac 0 ) Should be around sometime today and will be better able to assist you. Maybe a better electrolyte like sav-A-chick might help boost her a bit? :confused: Good luck.

It was hard to get a good video but here are two of them. I have given her sav-a-chick. You can see her eyes just start closing and she almost looks like she's in a trance.

Isaac 0 is good with dealing with sick fowl, hopefully it is nothing serious. Is a vet an option for you? Great videos :)

Back
Top Bottom