Lethargic Hen

Dhinshaw

Chirping
Jun 20, 2019
I let my flock out this afternoon and all was fine with my chickens. I heard two roosters fighting do I went over to break it up and discovered one of my hens laying on the ground behind them. She acts very sleepy and cannot stand. I've given her water and she will eat mealworms, but acts like she wants to sleep. No apparent injuries at all and she is separated from others. What can I do?

How old is she?
Does she have discharge from her eyes, nose, beak. How does her poop look?
Has she been laying eggs?
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will be able to help.

How old is she?
Does she have discharge from her eyes, nose, beak. How does her poop look?
Has she been laying eggs?
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will be able to help.
She is about 4 years old
Isa Brown Hen
No discharge at all from eyes, nose, or beak
Poop is normal. She lays every day.
I kept her in a kennel until bedtime. She seems fine now. I got her out, she stood up, and ate a few worms and a June bug. I checked her over good and then took her back to her coop. Really weird. Not sure what happened earlier. Hopefully, she will be fine tomorrow!

She is about 4 years old
Isa Brown Hen
No discharge at all from eyes, nose, or beak
Poop is normal. She lays every day.
I kept her in a kennel until bedtime. She seems fine now. I got her out, she stood up, and ate a few worms and a June bug. I checked her over good and then took her back to her coop. Really weird. Not sure what happened earlier. Hopefully, she will be fine tomorrow!
Im glad she is better at the moment and I hope she is okay and no longer has any issues.
I will tag more knowledgeable members in to get their thoughts on this.
@Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock @azygous

I let my flock out this afternoon and all was fine with my chickens. I heard two roosters fighting do I went over to break it up and discovered one of my hens laying on the ground behind them. She acts very sleepy and cannot stand. I've given her water and she will eat mealworms, but acts like she wants to sleep. No apparent injuries at all and she is separated from others. What can I do?
I'm glad she's doing ok now.
She may have gotten caught up between the roosters when they were fighting and suffered some trauma.
I'd just keep watch on her for a couple of days.

Checked on her this morning before work, and all is well! She's up walking around with everyone else like nothing ever happened. I'm thinking now that she must have gotten caught up in the rooster fight somehow. So thankful that she is good now. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom