Lethergic chicken please help!

CLW83

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2020
I noticed my EE was looking a little puffy and moving slow this morning so I did a Corid Drench then added a little to water. Her crop seemed to have a slight squish that I could feel, is sour crop a possibility? I added a pic of her and her recent droppings. Thanks you

Attachments

• BF2DFA72-18F9-4823-848C-285C97C3F8B6.jpeg
    BF2DFA72-18F9-4823-848C-285C97C3F8B6.jpeg
    837 KB · Views: 17
  • 95B8E42B-5091-449C-B1EF-6638A7B3D6F9.jpeg
    95B8E42B-5091-449C-B1EF-6638A7B3D6F9.jpeg
    579.7 KB · Views: 14
How old is she? Her stool appears to have yellow urates which nirmally are white. That could mean that she is having some liver issue or reproductive problems. Crops may feel squishy sometimes if they get sick. Does she have any sour or bad odor from her beak? Can you get her drinking some water, and may be offer some Poultry NutriDrench? I usually will offer sick chickens watery chicken feed and some scrambled egg to eat. In the morning, check her crop again to see if it empties.

I do not smell anything I don’t think, it at least it’s not bad enough to notice. I got her from someone else a while back because she was being picked on, I’m not positive of her age though around a year possibility. She is laying eggs usually though possibly not in the last few day, I have 2 that lay blue eggs and I haven’t gotten 2 but I can’t be sure who is laying them. I do have nutridrench and scrambled eggs I can do that. I put some crumbles near her and she did get up and eat some.

How old is she? Her stool appears to have yellow urates which nirmally are white. That could mean that she is having some liver issue or reproductive problems. Crops may feel squishy sometimes if they get sick. Does she have any sour or bad odor from her beak? Can you get her drinking some water, and may be offer some Poultry NutriDrench? I usually will offer sick chickens watery chicken feed and some scrambled egg to eat. In the morning, check her crop again to see if it empties.
I do not smell anything I don’t think, it at least it’s not bad enough to notice. I got her from someone else a while back because she was being picked on, I’m not positive of her age though around a year possibility. She is laying eggs usually though possibly not in the last few day, I have 2 that lay blue eggs and I haven’t gotten 2 but I can’t be sure who is laying them. I do have nutridrench and scrambled eggs I can do that. I put some crumbles near her and she did get up and eat some.

Since you are already treating with Corid, I would treat with a dosage of 2 tsp of the liquid Corid or 1 1/2 tsp of powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Reproductive disorders and other illnesses can cause a crop slowdown from pressure inside the abdomen. Those can be very common causes of illness and death in hens. The only crop problems I have seen have been associated with reproductive cancer, salpingitis, and ascites. Here are 2 good articles about crop disorders to help you:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ntion-and-treatments-of-crop-disorders.67194/

Since you are already treating with Corid, I would treat with a dosage of 2 tsp of the liquid Corid or 1 1/2 tsp of powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Reproductive disorders and other illnesses can cause a crop slowdown from pressure inside the abdomen. Those can be very common causes of illness and death in hens. The only crop problems I have seen have been associated with reproductive cancer, salpingitis, and ascites. Here are 2 good articles about crop disorders to help you:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ntion-and-treatments-of-crop-disorders.67194/
Thank you so much for the great info. I really thought I felt something maybe impacted in crop but then this morning I notice another bird that didn’t come out of the coop so apparently it’s something that’s spreading 😭. Also diarrhea now

Attachments

• 4B4D59CD-382C-4995-B8FE-1C63A5659BED.jpeg
    4B4D59CD-382C-4995-B8FE-1C63A5659BED.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom