Lets do a cloth badge swap!!

bantymum

Songster
12 Years
Mar 3, 2007
4 hours from Sydney Australia
Hello Chicken friends, i love conversing with you all online and I had a nice thought today. I have a picnic blanket that needs some decorating.
Has anyone seen a blanket with cloth souvenir badges sewn on, they look beautiful, usually you add a badge when travelling but since we are stuck at home looking after our feathered friends (labour of love)we could start up our own BYC rugs.
I am in Queanbeyan Australia which is next to Canberra, and I can send you a badge then you send me one from your city or vice versa.
Please email me if you would like to start, it'l be fun!!

Yes, thats it: a patch, you just sew them onto your blanket in a row around the outside and just keep adding them until youve filled up the rug.
You can get all types of patches and they really look great when theyre done.
Just think of all the comments you will get when youre out on a picnic and your rug has patches from all over the world, people will say "gee did you go to these places" and you will say 1) yes indeed or 2)no, this is my chicken rug, and keep em guessing!!!but to us it will be a sweet memento of our online friendships!!

Bantymum......sounds like fun....ok...let me see what I can get into here...take a pic...police or fire? I will go to town next week..and see what I can get. Sounds like fun!

I just checked postage rate for me to send to US is $8.50 airmail or $6.15 sea mail, patches cost around $4, so it wont be a cheap exercise, however the end result will be very valuable!!!

What a fun idea!! I'd like to see some examples of what we are talking about. Would the patches have to include the name of city/state?

well the ones that Ive seen do have the state/city. my mum used to have a souvenir shop so ill do some searching and post some examples for you.
If i had a pic of a blanket id put in on too.
Ill start my blanket with what badges i have and show it.
Ill look up sites now
Helen

Back
Top Bottom