Let's Get Strippin' "Fabric Strip Swap" CLOSED

Quote:
That is fine.....all fabrics come in different sizes. So go ahead and cut away because I see no sence in you buying any more fabric.
smile.png
Happy Cutting!!!!!

I just had to tell you guys about the argument we had cutting the strips. Since this is my Kid's Club, and we use the quilting to learn math, they were bound and determined we had to send at least 14 strips of each fabric, because 36" divided by 2.5" is 14.4. So there is 14 2.5 inch strips with 4/10 of an inch of fabric left over. So in their minds I am shorting you 6 strips by only sending 12 of each and they are positive we will get in trouble for not dividing right and they want you to know that they figured it out right and I am wrong in sending only 12 strips of each!
Here is their math to prove we owe 14 of each not 12 even though I showed them it says 12. They just see the part where it says cut 3 yards into 2.5 inch strips!
5415_00_math_proof_on_strips.jpg

Quote:
See, that's where math gets in the way with me! It's only required that you send in 12 strips of each colour of yardage, (I think there is an allowable amount per) so you use the leftover fabric for another project, that's all! In other words, it adds to your stash....But I can surely see where the kids were thinking on this....
tongue.png
If there are future fabric hoarders here, than you've taught them well!

Last edited:
bahaha-I wonder if I can teach algebra II using fabric
smile.png

I taught my chemistry kids to make homemade washing detergent this year
cool.png

Quote:
Heck I use it to teach fractions, decimals, percents, mean, median, mode, range, ratio, you name it! Algebra comes in real handy when figuring out multiple uses and measurements for more than 1 project at a time when you need to buy large amounts of fabric.

Quote:
Heck I use it to teach fractions, decimals, percents, mean, median, mode, range, ratio, you name it! Algebra comes in real handy when figuring out multiple uses and measurements for more than 1 project at a time when you need to buy large amounts of fabric.

Let me try this again. lol
Boy I wish I had a couple of them to figure out this one I'm doing somewhere else. That would have saved me a lot of time. lol I think I only need 2 yards of the three fabrices and I'm hoping 3 of the number 1 and 5.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?discussionid=146&do=discuss

Last edited:
Quote:
What is the age group of the kids in your class? My....I need them here with me. I am teaching 7th grade math (basic fractions, loooooong multiplication, looooooong division, etc.) and then I am teaching basic business math for my 11th grader and WHOA!!!!!!! there is more reading than numbers. LoL

I love it though.....here and there with you.....I love to see the kids using their little noggins to work out problems like this.....but (to all the kids in Ms. Kates class.....all you are required to send is 12 strips of each fabric....you are blessed to be able to keep the rest (unless you want to send to me as an added bonus)
wink.png
but I would rather you keep it to use in future projects.

You kids keep up the good work and when my stach pile is big enough....I may send it to you all. Hugs and bunches of air kisses to you all
hugs.gif
remember Jesus loves you all!!!!

Oh, Ginbart....thanks for the added gift with your blocks.....it was beautiful!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom