Let's see your feed & water setup!

For feeders I have three VFeedr. I love them, they hand in the wall, hold 5 lbs of food each, are easy to fill, food stays clean dry and doesn’t get kicked out/wasted. Also easy to take down and clean when needed.
I really like this feeder. Do you think it could stand alone or hang and then easily transfer to a galvanized garbage can every night??? I won't leave feed out all night, it attracts rats that live in the woods around my place.

I have a dear husband that loves to solve problems and come up with new ideas.
My 1st 3 waterers are the standard 1 or 3 gallon one's with nipples or cups on side hung from, perches, branches, and a shepherds hook. The last waterer pictured below is a medium grade trash can we use outside in winter to provide water in the cold winter months. I will place a stock tank heater in to keep it from freezing and it has a pump (on timer) that helps keeps water fresh and thawed.
PXL_20220926_232639224.jpg

My husband came up with a filler tube (next 2 pics ) for a hose that I can fill it from outside of coop.
I tried gutter on water can but we have too many needles from our evergreen tree.
PXL_20220926_232712753.jpg
PXL_20220926_232814379.jpg

My feeders(2) one is standard 5 gallon no waste feeder which has served me well with differing heights on hens this year .

My next feeder is my 4or3" feeder to a trough, the hens threw so much feed though I had hubby cover with plastic chicken wire but it was too constricting so I cut "head" holes in it and they love it! I haven't paid attention how much or how long yet since they're pretty new feeders. I still give wet mash daily to them and they LOVE that the most.
PXL_20220926_232530946.jpg
PXL_20220926_232540199.jpg

We also have an inside water system for bitter cold weather but not being used right now

Attachments

• PXL_20220926_232512685.jpg
    PXL_20220926_232512685.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I really like this feeder. Do you think it could stand alone or hang and then easily transfer to a galvanized garbage can every night??? I won't leave feed out all night, it attracts rats that live in the woods around my place.
They hang on a special bracket that comes with them, and are really easy to remove. I have been taking mine down and setting them in a big trash can several times a day due to trying to keep a hen with an impacted crop from eating but also wanting to let her access the nest box and scratch around a few times during the day.

Back
Top Bottom