Level of Difficulty of Hatching Different Bird Eggs

kees

Crowing
15 Years
Feb 5, 2008
Please share your thoughts and experience on this topic.

Suzy
smile.png

Different types of chickens and also different types of fowl.

Suzy
yippiechickie.gif

well any eggs you hatch have a preatty high difficulty, but it quickly lowers as you hatch more and more, but if you are looking to find some good eggs to have a goot hatch i suggest looking for eggs that are comming from a regular layer and NOT one that has just started laying, or that is going into or out of a molt, if just starting to hatch i would say go with a common breed, as the more advanced breeds and also bantams can be a little harder starting off, but it doesnt really take that long to get into the groove

chickens or quail i say are the easiest as all you really have to do is remember to turn them and if you got a turner then you dont really need to worry bout that, but with other fowl like ducks comes more responsibility for example: Duck and goose eggs have to be spritz with water as they require a higher humidity then chicks also other types of fowl require you to actually take eggs out of the bator and let them cool down then out them back in, and days wise quail is shortest then chicken, then duck and so on up

Are some breeds of birds considered more desirable just because they're more difficult to hatch?

Suzy:)

that could have something to do with it, but in all aspects it leads to he cocnlcusion that not that many of that breed exist since they are harder to hatch, but another thing that makes birds desirable is the blood lines that they hail from

I have noticed that marans are a little more diffucult to hatch.It seems like their shell is a lot thicker and they have a harder time hatching.Also the roo's usually are not as active breeding the girls so they seem to have a lower fertility rate also.This may just be my experience.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom