Lice and a lethargic chicken

ErinMaria

Chirping
Oct 25, 2019
Hi everyone,

I noticed today that my top hen, the Queen Bee is isolating herself. She's eaten and had some treats and water but shes been staying in the same few spots all day, barely foraging. I'm redoing my coop now and cleaning, dusting to rid the bugs. I have been waiting for warmer weather to give baths. But, should I bring her in to stay tonight and clean her up? I don't want to leave her but I don't want to cause anymore stress. I tried some Vet RX so far.
Should she come in for the night and take a bath or just leave her be?
Thanks

External parasites can definitely cause lethargy. Does she seem any better over the last few days? What did you do with the VetRX - add it to the water? A does of nutri-drench, or the like, will give everyone a boost after having dealt with mites.

What did you use to treat lice?

External parasites can definitely cause lethargy. Does she seem any better over the last few days? What did you do with the VetRX - add it to the water? A does of nutri-drench, or the like, will give everyone a boost after having dealt with mites.

What did you use to treat lice?
She was like nothing was ever wrong the very next day. I used permethrin dust on her and I placed her up in her roost spot and she went to sleep.. next day she was back to being her bossy self squaking at everyone. I've been treating them all and I dusted dusted whole coop. The vet RX was just an additive for over all health in the coop bc I thought the dust would aggravate their respiratory systems and then I put electrolytes in the water. Once it gets nice and warm again I plan on giving them baths. Those bugs are nastyyyy!!! I'm certain they camw from the little birds that sometimes fly in there. 🙄

She was like nothing was ever wrong the very next day. I used permethrin dust on her and I placed her up in her roost spot and she went to sleep.. next day she was back to being her bossy self squaking at everyone. I've been treating them all and I dusted dusted whole coop. The vet RX was just an additive for over all health in the coop bc I thought the dust would aggravate their respiratory systems and then I put electrolytes in the water. Once it gets nice and warm again I plan on giving them baths. Those bugs are nastyyyy!!! I'm certain they camw from the little birds that sometimes fly in there. 🙄
Oh, good! I'm so glad to hear that. Maybe she was having an off day :) Bugs really are a bummer. One we'll all deal with eventually.

Back
Top Bottom