Life is changing for us, and it is not for a positive reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debi, even though I haven't been through this with DH, my FIL had esophageal cancer. He and my MIL are also our neighbors. I saw a lot of the anger and frustration with my in-laws, between each other and with extended family. DFIL has beat the cancer so far, but in those days when we were fairly sure he wouldn't, we all went through the same physical and emotional issues. It does help to find people who share your experiences. They can help put perspective and even humor in situations where you never thought you could find it.

You and Ken remain in my thoughts and prayers. I second telling your kids what you need; DH's kids - while great! - need to be reminded (gently) when they need to make time for their grandparents, and even their dad. I'm sure they'll do what you need, hints don't always get the job done. :)

Heaing thoughts and prayers are with you both.

hugs.gif

Thanks everyone. I am so glad this week is over. When something like this happens, a person realizes just how long each day is when you are living day to day. You want one more, then are glad when it is over and everything is still ok. Sounds retarded but I am here to tell ya it's true.

I sold two more non-laying chickens tonight. In the end we are only keeping the buff orps and a few ducks. And Elmer, because she is special.

He had a GREAT day today! He managed to get to his classes with no trouble and come home still feeling well. And THAT is an accomplishment!

He just came out looking for his nuts.

His toffee peanuts. HAHAHA! Yeah I went there too.

Saw your message on FB, I'm still laughing..........Wooooooo weeeeeeeee!

Glad Ken is feeling GOOD! I hope he is shining today!

Ken went fishing with his brother yesterday and came home sunburned. This is a good thing! At least he had enough umph to get up and out!!!

And once again, God has given me a glimpse of another's troubles that make ours seem small, at least right now. My boss's FIL has about 3 months to live and he will not enjoy those few months either.

It seems strange to me to be the one holding down the fort at work while others deal with their family emergencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom