Light Brahma over dark brahma pullet or cockerel

I don’t know much about breeding, but Can I add that your rooster is IMPRESSIVE! Wow! What a handsome guy! How old is he?
He was almost 2. We had to remove him as he was huge and knew it. Unfortunately with his first molt he turned nasty to me. I was ok with it but he started going after my daughter whose 12. She tried everything she read to make him “nice” but when he knocked her on her face from behind I drew the line and over threw her dipecision. He really was a big boy. Including a pic of her holding him at 9 mo old lol we loved him but if he’d been the size of a regular boy we could have just dealt with it. But imagine a bird a wee bit heavier than a turkey commin after you like a roo….not a good combo.

Attachments

• 937DBDDA-BB29-4EE9-A2EA-D2E48969C6B9.jpeg
    937DBDDA-BB29-4EE9-A2EA-D2E48969C6B9.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 6
Now that's interesting-- I was wondering about the partridge coloring.
We kept one….this is Luna on the right. She’s actually looking like a gold partridge coloring lol what are the chances lmao

Attachments

• ED7B141A-F5E4-4143-B883-65AF8AFF8FEC.jpeg
    ED7B141A-F5E4-4143-B883-65AF8AFF8FEC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
He was almost 2. We had to remove him as he was huge and knew it. Unfortunately with his first molt he turned nasty to me. I was ok with it but he started going after my daughter whose 12. She tried everything she read to make him “nice” but when he knocked her on her face from behind I drew the line and over threw her dipecision. He really was a big boy. Including a pic of her holding him at 9 mo old lol we loved him but if he’d been the size of a regular boy we could have just dealt with it. But imagine a bird a wee bit heavier than a turkey commin after you like a roo….not a good combo.
Holy carp! 9 months old! Wow! My guy is already bigger than the rest of his flock mates, This is my boy Kevin (I thought he was a Karen but changed..) 😂 I got him when he was 2 weeks old on May 15th. I’m a little scared of “roo behavior”… if it does start, he will need to go.. as much as I like him. 58CD8D78-160B-4570-8901-7DF3658FAF0F.png B59441DB-CE7F-4581-AFF0-D3D981CEF377.png

Holy carp! 9 months old! Wow! My guy is already bigger than the rest of his flock mates, This is my boy Kevin (I thought he was a Karen but changed..) 😂 I got him when he was 2 weeks old on May 15th. I’m a little scared of “roo behavior”… if it does start, he will need to go.. as much as I like him. View attachment 2841239View attachment 2841240
He’s gorgeous. I got mine from a breeder so he was bigger than the ones you get at feed stores etc. he was such a gentle giant…..dumb too 🤣 for a long time I had to pick a 10lb bird off a roost 3ft back bc he couldn’t figure it out I almost had to build a handicap ramp from one roost to the next but he suddenly suprised me lol I do miss him. he was so sweet and gentle until that first molt. He was the only boy with 20 girls so I’m not sure what his deal was.

Back
Top Bottom