Light Brahma pullet?

Cycomiko

Songster
5 Years
May 27, 2017
Western Maryland
4DB122FC-7EA4-4FEC-AD87-FE0BC53113F0.jpeg
This light Brahma was hatched March 28th. I see no behavioral signs of it being a cockerel. But I’m concerned by the redness of “her” crown at less than 3 months old. I am unfamiliar with these giant birds (in comparison to my others), and would like some reassurance. I have rehomed 9 cockerels in the past couple months. May keep either way, but it’d be nice to know what to expect. At 4 months it’s joining the others, but if a cockerel, I’ll hold off on that timeline.

Attachments

• 5F7CA7C4-29A6-410A-96B7-3DB3B9115173.jpeg
    5F7CA7C4-29A6-410A-96B7-3DB3B9115173.jpeg
    649.5 KB · Views: 7
View attachment 1441928 This light Brahma was hatched March 28th. I see no behavioral signs of it being a cockerel. But I’m concerned by the redness of “her” crown at less than 3 months old. I am unfamiliar with these giant birds (in comparison to my others), and would like some reassurance. I have rehomed 9 cockerels in the past couple months. May keep either way, but it’d be nice to know what to expect. At 4 months it’s joining the others, but if a cockerel, I’ll hold off on that timeline.
Rooster

@oldhenlikesdogs @SeaBird by the Sea shore @BlackHackle

Thanks for your input. I’ve always seen in posts and on YouTube that Brahma roosters are docil. If that’s the case, I’ll keep Brandy, I mean Brandon, around. I have an Olive Egger roo, Buff Orpington and Speckled Sussex cockerels, and now 30 hens. I will monitor hens safety and I think all should be well. It’ll be neat to have a giant nice rooster if it turns like that. Olive guy is protective but doesn’t bother humans. Buff is in charge of pullets and isn’t showing aggression. SS is a happy go lucky roo that is like a pullet until time to go in.

Back
Top Bottom