Light Brahma sick. weak, not eating

I am so glad to hear that! Good luck! We are pulling for her!
1f60a.png
Thanks!

I wouldn't think it would be Cocci at her age, but maybe I'm wrong. It seems that our chicks have always gotten it anywhere from a few weeks of age to a couple months, so I'm sort of leaning towards worms. As far as I can tell, spring is known for "worm population explosion." I myself have been finding creative ways to give Verm-X liquid to the girls because the thought of internal infestation scares me. Just be sure not to eat Leia's eggs for about a month if she's laying before that timeframe ends!
smile.png
Please keep us updated.

~Alex

Last edited:
Hi

We went and got this medicine de-worming for dogs and my mom looked it up and said that Leia should have 1 capsule. How does this look to you guys?

I wouldn't think it would be Cocci at her age, but maybe I'm wrong. It seems that our chicks have always gotten it anywhere from a few weeks of age to a couple months, so I'm sort of leaning towards worms. As far as I can tell, spring is known for "worm population explosion." I myself have been finding creative ways to give Verm-X liquid to the girls because the thought of internal infestation scares me. Just be sure not to eat Leia's eggs for about a month if she's laying before that timeframe ends! :)  Please keep us updated. 

~Alex

Poultry of ANY age can contract coccidiosis. There are several strains of cocci protozoa, so they can become ill from any one of the strains.

Back
Top Bottom