Limberneck?

Mskayladog

Songster
7 Years
Apr 19, 2012
New Salisbury, Indiana, First flock
I thought this morning it was wry neck but since the girl is holding her neck like CROOK a or like a sideways ? Mark. Her head down towards her front I'm thinking its limber neck or botulism.

Anyone have any advie? I Started her on vitmens that were suggested for crook/ wry neck.

Should I try this treatment? http://www.countryfarm-lifestyles.com/backyard-chickens.html#.VD1fjN33arU

When a fowl loses partial or entire control of the muscles of the neck it is called limber-neck, or wry neck or crook neck. Limber-neck is regarded as a symptom rather than a disease, and may be due to a number of causes, such as bacteria in the dirt, a vitamin deficiency of Vitamin A, toxins in the system, injury or it can even be hereditary.

For a few days the fowls should be fed on some light greens scalded with sweet milk in which has been dissolved a level teaspoonful of baking soda to every pint of milk, and also allowed plenty of crisp, tender lettuce or similar greens. A little Epsom salts should be added to the drinking water for a few days. This treatment, if done at the start will work, but if the poisoning has had its course long, nothing will save the bird.

have you got a photo? and or is it holding it so that it looks like its in the fetal position as it would be in the egg? treating it with vit e and selenium are your best bet at this point

Back
Top Bottom