Limestone gravel

BelovedBirds

Crossing the Road
Nov 8, 2021
England
My dad ordered like, 2 tons of limestone the other day, it arrived and he realised its the wrong stuff for his job.

So anyway, now we have a literal ton of this limestone gravel stuff. I was wondering if this would be okay to use in the duck pen? Of course not for the floor, it's quite coarse. But I was thinking underneath the pool, as part of a drainage system? They shouldn't in theory be able to get to it. So this might be a dumb question, but incase they ingest some, it should be fine/safe to use right?

My coop pad and run surround are done in limestone base, as well as my drives (I work at a limestone rock quarry) once you spread it and it sets its like concrete, which is why it surrounds my run, nothing is digging through it. When my flock is out having yard time it's their first stop to get some choice peices of grit.

My coop pad and run surround are done in limestone base, as well as my drives (I work at a limestone rock quarry) once you spread it and it sets its like concrete, which is why it surrounds my run, nothing is digging through it. When my flock is out having yard time it's their first stop to get some choice peices of grit.
When you say limestone base, is it just like gravel stuff? Or finer? How does it set like concrete?
Just asking, as I wouldn't mind using that for predator proofing

When you say limestone base, is it just like gravel stuff? Or finer? How does it set like concrete?
Just ask, as I wouldn't mind using that for predator proofing
The stuff I have is called regular commercial base, it's 2" down to fines (dust), once it gets wet and sets its hard as all get out

Back
Top Bottom