Link doesn't insert where the cursor is

RojoMarz

Crowing
May 21, 2020
Southern CO...at 8600 ft
Not sure if it's my tablet or what...when I try and use the link icon to insert a link, it puts the link at the front of my message and not where my cursor is. I'm using an Android tablet and it does tend to jump around when viewing threads, depending upon the ad that is on the screen.

In this picture, the cursor is at the end of the text and hidden by the pop up link dialog box.

Screenshot_20230620-192237.jpg

And this is where the link is placed:

Screenshot_20230620-192302~2.jpg

You need to HIGHLIGHT a word before you click on that LINK button.
You need to tell it (by highlighting a word) where to insert the link.

Insert my LINK HERE

1.Highlight the word.
2.Click the chain link button
3.Paste the link you want added to the highlighted word in the top section
4.Then click insert link.
PXL_20230621_013910733.jpg
PXL_20230621_013918231.jpg
PXL_20230621_013924422.jpg
PXL_20230621_013928095.jpg

I think I might be having a similar issue? Not all the time though? This is what happens sometimes. Before using the insert link (chain link) my cursor was at the end of the sentence where I wanted the link which does usually work but on occasion it puts it at the start of the post as below :idunno

I think I might be having a similar issue? Not all the time though? This is what happens sometimes. Before using the insert link (chain link) my cursor was at the end of the sentence where I wanted the link which does usually work but on occasion it puts it at the start of the post as below :idunno
Good video. When you select text, does it highlight it like this?
1687374574469.png

If selected, when you select the link icon, the text you want to add the link to should already be in the drop-down box like this:
1687374688194.png

In your video, I cannot see what you selected.

1687374290638.png

Good video. When you select text, does it highlight it like this?
View attachment 3550959

If selected, when you select the link icon, the text you want to add the link to should already be in the drop-down box like this:
View attachment 3550961

In your video, I cannot see what you selected.

View attachment 3550947
It‘s not like for me :hmm I don’t select or highlight any txt from the actual post. I have just always added text to the box as in the video 2.0. Before it would just insert the link where the cursor was last left before clicking the chain link.

It‘s not like for me :hmm I don’t select or highlight any txt from the actual post. I have just always added text to the box as in the video 2.0. Before it would just insert the link where the cursor was last left before clicking the chain link.
This is exactly what's going on for me too.

It does the same thing you're describing on the Xenforo site, but not on any of the BYC sister sites. When was the last time this worked for you?

Back
Top Bottom