Liquid Corid dose for chicks?

Remember to not give any vitamins while the Corid treatment is going on. Vitamins can interfere with the working ability of Corid. After treating with Corid, its a good idea to give vitamins, though.

Good luck with your chick!

I hope she makes it. She is insesantly chirping. Not a loud, shrill one but a repetitive, quick, whistling like chirp... Nonstop. She ate some crumbles I mixed with the Corid water... But is standing alone chirping while the others scurry about.

I will try that. I'm in FL and it's about 80 outside tonight. My brooder is in my barn which feels about 90. It is insulated and holds in the heat. I raised the brooder lamp b/c I felt like I was in an oven in there... But maybe she's chilled b/c she's sick? The others seem happy enough. I'll try lowering it again.

This is from one of the sets of books I refer to:

http://avianmedicine.net/content/uploads/2013/03/07_emergency_and_critical_care.pdf
"Supportive Care
SICK-BIRD ENCLOSURES
Sick birds are often hypothermic and should be placed
in heated (brooder-type) enclosures

b (Fig 7.7) in a quiet
environment (see Chapter 1, Clinical Practice). A temperature
of 85° F (29° C) with 70% humidity is desirable
for most sick birds. If brooders are not equipped with a
humidity source, placing a small dish of water in the
enclosure will often supply adequate humidity. A moist
towel that is heated and placed on the bottom of a cage
or incubator rapidly humidifies the environment, as indicated
by the fogging of the acrylic cage front."

I am so relieved to tell y'all that my chick seems to be on the up now. She still looked droopy this morning, I forced another drop of Corid into her beak around 8am... when we got home from church at 12:30 she was walking about and eating/drinking again. She's not quite as quick as the rest in her movements but this is much improved from yesterday and this morning. Thanks so much for your help!!

wee.gif
Happy for you!

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom