Little Chicky

knickers77

In the Brooder
May 24, 2015
Mackay, AUSTRALIA
Can anyone suggest why 1 of our little chicks is so much smaller than the others? All the same age (give or take a week), it's eating, drinking & interacting with the others perfectly ok. It is the noisiest of the flock.
Also if anyone can tell be what sex you think they could all be that would be great! Thank you.
1f60a.png

Last edited:
Bantams are little, full of energy, and often loud. They get along well with standard breeds when raised together, and are really cute!
smile.png

You may have gotten a bantam (very small) breed in with the others. Sounds like it is doing just fine so I wouldn't be concerned about it's size. If you could post photos of just the little one - clear close ups - front so we can check for comb development, and standing side view so we can look for gender features. I cannot even guess from the tiny bit of the photo it occupies.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I too agree your smaller chick is bantam and therefore will be smaller that your other chick. Your smaller chick sounds normal as in its behaviour so I would not be worried. I have some polish bantams and boy they are noisy and very vocal even the hens. Far more noise than any other larger breeds I have had. Some individual pics when they are a little older would be great to help members give you an idea of gender.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your chicks in the future and enjoy BYC :frow

Back
Top Bottom