little giant 9300 digital fan kit

Adding a computer fan is the easiest ant cheapest way. I can't think of any reason an incubator shouldn't have circulated air to improve the temperature and humidity distribution. I bought some from walmart.com 7 bucks for three delivered to store for free. Power them from a 9 v wall transformer not 12 v as they move too much air. Look for anything from 6 to 9 volts at a rating of 300 ma dc and you should be fine. Make sure to turn off the fan when opening the inc Or the fan will blow out all the heat and humidity causing the temp to overshoot high.

I have a question about the stock 9300 fan. Does the speed remain constant or does it slow down a bit when calling for heat and speed up when not (due to power draw)?

with the 9300 fan kit the fan slows down when the heat comes on and to be honest with you it does not do a great job of circulating the heat still alot of hot and cold spotsthese are the temps i took with a calibrated thermometer i made a grid 1 -10 the low number is when the heater is off the high number is right when it shuts off as you can see bow 5 is perfect but look at box 10 nothing is going to hatch there on this hatch I'm doing now I'm not even using the bottom i put 2 water bottles and 3 little cups of water to help hold the heat

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom