Little Giant 9300 still air with computer fan

I have been incubating the first 18 says at about 40 percent...I don't add water til day 18 and aim for about 60/70 percent. I do use a turner and the fan is only 1/2 inch thick so it really doesn't make a difference. I'm only using it for a hatcher this time because my eggs are in my farm innovator that came with a fan. I used the LG withy last hatch as a hatcher only and had a 50 percent hatch rate. Chicks died in shell at some point between day 18 and hatching. The ones that bathed were in the center...telling me the ones around the edges were too cold. I have eggs to put in lockdown tonight to hopefully hatch Saturday. I will post how they do this time with the fan:)

Awesome. I am hoping I have a better hatch rate. Mine keep dying full developed in the shell unless I help. Then some arent ready and I kill them. :( tired of losing babies so hopefully this helps.

I've had to help several too...lost a few trying too. Mine are going in lockdown in a little while . I want to candle them one last time. I have two double yolk eggs and I'm expecting trouble from them. As of 2 nights ago, one had two embryos still alive but the other one looked like it only had one still alive.

I had 24 eggs. All died but 7. Yesterday they started to hatch. I had to help and lost 5. 3 dead in shell 2 I helped out, but they died. I helped 2 others and 1 is doing well other is still iffy. We shall see. So 2 babies out of 24 :( I am ready for a good hatch for sure.

Wow... That's too bad. This will be my third hatch and hopefully my best. I try not to het my hopes up but I set 21 eggs in the hatcher tonight. I started with 22. One was clear at day 10 so I chunked it. I'm really hoping for a good hatch this time...I've got $40 I'm eggs in there:) I set them I'm the farm immovators styrobator for the first 18 days. It came with a fan ore installed. I movedy precious eggs to the LG computer fan hatcher tonight. Air cells looked a little large in a few eggs but time will tell if matters. I have blue/black copper marans and wellsummer in the hatcher now. Wednesday I will have cream legbar and marans eggs on there. Three weeks from today I will have 4 EE eggs. About 11 silkies, and 4 blue laced red Wyandottes! I bought my first small flock of 4 pullets and a roo of the silver laced Wyandottes this week:) They will be kept separate from my other random pet chickens for a while. I can't wait to hear that rooster crowing:)

Thats awesome. Well good luck for sure. i am going to try installing the fan this weekend.:)

If you have any questions just ask...we will be home all weekend and I will have my phone close in case I have any issues with this hatch. I went to bed last night and temp was holding steady at 99.5 in all corners of the bator. I have my eggs upright in cartons right under the two viewing windows with thermometers each reading 99.5. It rained here and was humid outside yesterday but I finally got the humidity down to 65 before putting the eggs in the hatcher. This morning it was at 60 so I squirted a little water into one of the holes in the top. I just checked and it came up to 65 percent so I'm going to leave it there. It may rain again today.

Back
Top Bottom