Little Giant Deluxe with 188.8° Temp

OzarkCountryGirl

Crowing
16 Years
Apr 27, 2008
Ozark Highlands
I bought an LG Deluxe incubator last year and it worked fine. After the last hatch, I cleaned it up, as always, and stored it in the cabinet (room temp) for the winter. I got it out today and plugged it in and the temp automatically began flashing 188.8 °F °C.

The control buttons are nonresponsive. I've unplugged the unit, waited, and plugged it back in. And an hour later it's still flashing the 188.8° temp. And the incubator is dry so the humidity is actually more like 20%, no where near the 88% it's showing, esp as I run wood heat.

Any ideas as to what's going on? Or is the unit just toast?

Attachments

• 20230313_172341.jpg
    20230313_172341.jpg
    611.1 KB · Views: 43
Before you toss it, call the manufacturer perhaps it needs some sort of adjustment. Does sound odd ... How did you clean?

Thanks, it's all good now. Weird though, that it would take over two hours for the display to suddenly start working. Just hope it stays working and doesn't go wonky once eggs are going.

I run LG incubators
I was able to purchase the little sensor for heat and humidity
Not very expensive either
I still calibrate other hygrometer and thermometer as I find the machine ones are not accurate
My humidity always says 48 %
No water or half full never changes
Both machines do it and one was used other was brand new
But I get 90-100 % hatch rates so I stick with it

Well that incubator went glitchy again and wouldn't reset so I ended up calling the company. Excellent customer service, by the way!

They are aware of the issue and said the flashing "188.8°" is equivalent to a check engine light, that it indicates one of the internal wires in the controller is bad. No fault of mine, rather a quality control issue some of them have had. They are sending me a new controller, no charge.

If all goes well with USPS, I'll have it up, running, and full of guineafowl eggs within the next couple of weeks. 😊

I bought an LG Deluxe incubator last year and it worked fine. After the last hatch, I cleaned it up, as always, and stored it in the cabinet (room temp) for the winter. I got it out today and plugged it in and the temp automatically began flashing 188.8 °F °C.

The control buttons are nonresponsive. I've unplugged the unit, waited, and plugged it back in. And an hour later it's still flashing the 188.8° temp. And the incubator is dry so the humidity is actually more like 20%, no where near the 88% it's showing, esp as I run wood heat.

Any ideas as to what's going on? Or is the unit just toast?
I recently bought a Little Giant incubator and I am currently experiencing exactly what you described above. I just got my first hatch out of it last Tuesday then i cleaned it up and installed a recommended fan. I started it up afterwards and it was doing that. A few hours later it stop and I kept running it. On Saturday morning i put in a new batch of eggs and now this morning the display keeps on flashing exactly as you described. I am extremely concerned as today is only the second day of this incubation period with 41 eggs in there. I don't know what to do as unfortunately I bought it from a local store in Belize.

I recently bought a Little Giant incubator and I am currently experiencing exactly what you described above. I just got my first hatch out of it last Tuesday then i cleaned it up and installed a recommended fan. I started it up afterwards and it was doing that. A few hours later it stop and I kept running it. On Saturday morning i put in a new batch of eggs and now this morning the display keeps on flashing exactly as you described. I am extremely concerned as today is only the second day of this incubation period with 41 eggs in there. I don't know what to do as unfortunately I bought it from a local store in Belize.
I ended up contacting the company and was told they had a batch that went out that had this issue and are sending out a replacement control to those having a defective incubator. It was an easy plug-and-play repair.

Thanks, it's all good now. Weird though, that it would take over two hours for the display to suddenly start working. Just hope it stays working and doesn't go wonky once eggs are going.
Mine is doing the same thing right now. It was good but now it’s not. What did you do to fix yours ? Not one egg hatched.

I ended up contacting the company and was told they had a batch that went out that had this issue and are sending out a replacement control to those having a defective incubator. It was an easy plug-and-play repair.
Mine is doing the same thing right now. It was good but now it’s not. What did you do to fix yours ? Not one egg hatched.

Back
Top Bottom