Little Giant digital still air incubator

I am not familiar with the little giant incubators but the temperature should measure 101 at the top of the eggs in still air. Do you have another calibrated thermometer (or two) to verify what the incubator is programmed to? From what I hear on here, you can never trust the temperature that the incubator says it is.

hi'ya @ccrane11
please read through and see still air and continue after to see where to put the thermometers as well....
Quote:
CALIBRATION! YES! It’s IMPORTANT!
Calibrate the thermometer/s you are using for your Incubator. I use 3 thermometers! You need to make sure your thermometer is reading correctly, Even one degree may cause serious problems with your hatch! A simple method without specialized instruments and knowledge is to compare your thermometer/hygrometer with other devices.

CALIBRATION of thermometers:
Freezing point method.
Fill a glass with crushed ice. Add a LITTLE clean water until the glass is full and stir. Wait 3 minutes then insert the thermometer tip into the ice-filled glass so it’s in the water ice mixture. Wait a minute and if the thermometer reads 32 F then it’s accurate, and if it does not, it requires calibration.​

I have 2,dont go by temp on incubator,sometimes its 4 degrees difference.i use theromenter with plastic on bottom,miller.qgf byc,And something I just found out I was doing wrong,put the sensor right under the controller I was putting it to left side till I talked to miller

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom