Little Giant Incubator and turner

Quote:
frow.gif
Welcome to the n00b!!! Not going to say anything bout hatching cause I either let my hens do the work or order chicks!! Just wanted to say hey!!

Quote:
Is there anyone that deals in the hovabator besides on line. I've called my local farm store and TS and they carry the little giants but I was needing one kinda fast.

I am not sure where to get a hovabator. I would personally go with the LG for now and then save for the hovabator. The lg is not as bad as people make it out to be. It is a little tricky getting the temp to stabilize, but once you do it works like a charm.

OK, the LG seems to be what is available in my area. One more question. How long does it take to get the LG bator at the right temp prior to getting the eggs to put in it?

I hated my LG incubators, had three of them in different times and I let it darn things set for two weeks to get the temps correct. Nope, they were all over the place! Set some eggs and it was very poor!

Then I settled for the Hovabator Genesis and presto, no more problems! had very good hatches out of my own flock and roughly a 50-75% hatch rates on my shipped eggs. Get one that is electronic thermostat, not the wafer kind even I've had the wafer ones, they are good too but the electronic ones are much better, just plug in and go!

I have a little giant that I hatch in, you have to make VERY small adjustments to get the thermostat set. But, if you want a really nice incubator that you can set and forget, get a brinsea oct 20 for $99 and be done with it. I have 2 oct 20's also.

You can get incubators from online outfits like Randal Burkley, MyPetChicken, McMurrey ect...

I bought a little giant from the local Tractor & Supply place near me and am trying it out. I finally got the temp to stabilize where I need it and have the humidity at 42% on my last check. This is my first time incubating. I have noticed that the LG does not seem to hold the temps well if the temp around it fluctuates. I have been trying to get the rest of the family to agree to leave the house at a set temp so that my hatch can hopefully come out ok.

The eggs I am waiting on should arrive tomorrow.

Hopefully you will get a good hatch BooBear. I no longer use the Styrofoam incubators. I use a wooden cabinet incubator that works like a dream. It also holds about 200+ eggs
big_smile.png

Well, to be honest, something is wrong with your incubator, OR your thermometer is off. I have a Little Giant STILL AIR, and i'm doing perfect. My little giant is doing GREAT and my eggs are hatching tommorrow, after tomorrow, and also after that. I went into lock-down, and my temp. are perfect (always were) , and i don't use a humidity gauge. What i do is once a day, i spray lukewarm water on them with a washed spray bottle, and then i full the outside water ring on the bottom. And my results: AWESOME!!!! I unplugged the 1st red cap about 5 days before lock-down, and the 2nd one on the day i locked down the eggs. My eggs are doing great, i candled them all, all eggs are good, with moving live chicks inside, except one...
hit.gif
. I'M SO EXCITED, AND I DO RECOMMEND THIS INCUBATOR FOR EVERYONE
ya.gif
wee.gif
bow.gif
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
, ecept for those with exotic birds...
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif