Little Giant Incubator won't go about 97 degrees. Concerned for the babies.

Glue a big button to the adjusting knob. Makes it a whole lot easier to turn it just a little.

No knob on this one!

Thank you to everyone who replied. Yes I did get them from a farm/tractor supply store. I plan on calling today or I may even go in and show them pictures that I took of the digital thermometer and the thermometer inside. Even when I turned the temp up, it stayed the same temp. after an hour. Then I took the eggs out along with the new egg turner, and put them in my incubator that keeps a consistent temperature as the eggs that were in there are due today and don't need as much heat as the ones that are still developing. I then put my still developing ones in my other one that seemed to keep a consistent temperature. I checked them a little while later and the one that was working well was low and the one that wasn't working well was at 99.5! The only thing I can think of was maybe the egg turner was effecting it negatively? I took the egg turner out and put a little blanket over 1/3 of the incubator and it seems to be going up. Does anyone have an incubator that they love? I heard that the Hovabator is better but it looks just like the Little Giant and makes me hesitant to order it. Thank you again for all your help!
Hovabator. Almost everyone that uses the Hovabator loves them. They are the better styro better, no doubt.

As for the automatic turner. Usually the turner motor gives of excess heat making the temp in the bator, or at least in the corner where the turner motor is actually warmer. That is one of the biggest reasons I stopped using my turner and started to hand turn.

One thing to check is voltage in outlets I now this is a chicken thread but if problem moves with turner you may have low voltage in the outlets. Does cord feel warm?

I do a lot of camping and my toaster barely makes toast when voltage is low if outlets are real far from service box or long extension cord could be the problem.

Last edited:
Ya we went to that Howard lake if u have ever been there wasn't very pleased the campsite are so open with each other I like to have a few trees in between and be able to look down through the woods and go on the bike trail we like medow and I think it's point

Hovabator. Almost everyone that uses the Hovabator loves them. They are the better styro better, no doubt.

As for the automatic turner. Usually the turner motor gives of excess heat making the temp in the bator, or at least in the corner where the turner motor is actually warmer. That is one of the biggest reasons I stopped using my turner and started to hand turn.

That is exactly what I have heard and exactly why it is so mind boggling! Someone said it could have to do with the outlet, which could be true. However, I tried 3 different outlets (even one at my neighbors house). Another thing that happened today is the incubator that wasn't working well before actually did go up to 104 degrees while the other one is staying at 99.5 degrees but is set at 104 degrees. I caught it in time and still have a pipped egg in there tweeting away. I will be looking into a Hovabator and then contacting someone about the LG incubator. Again, super thankful for your input :).

Back
Top Bottom