little giant

They do work . I have two going right now. I hatched 13/14 chukar eggs that made it to lock down my first hatch and 23/29 eggs that made it to lock down on my second hatch and Im in the middle of my 3rd hatch with lots of pipps.
That being said they are snarky. They tend to have humidity issues and temp spikes they seem extra senstive to adjustments , changes in the room temps things like that.
I have the hardest time geting my humidity up in mine I can have 2 jars with water and sponges , all the troughs full and a folded up saturated small hand towel and still have it drop to low 60s or so .
As long as the room temp is very stable, you deal with the humidiy and you only make minor adjustments in temp and only when absultly needed and you watch it for awhile after doing so then its a good incubator.
Most people dont want to have to worry that much over there incubators but you get what you pay for. If you want a steady temp good humidity and no surprises then spend the 300+ for a better one
hmm.png
I was gonna upgrade my bators to brinsea but the mini eco I bought wasnt preset at 99.5 like promised and it busted the very first time I tried to adust the temp And what the hell is up with not haveing a knob to ajust temp they have a hole and you have to use a screw driver
th.gif
I woudnt have gotten it if I had known that as it is I had to send it strait back the day after I got it and I am still waiting on them to send it back fixed or shipp me a new one. My LG's arnt looking so bad next to that **** thing I can tell you that . I just hope it was a fluke but the way its set up in side is rather redicuoulus to but thats another matter altogether . I hope I answerd some of your questions. Happy hatching

I'm still really new to hatching but I now own 3 LG's. I remember reading the nickname for the LG, the chick killer, and gulped lol.... I've had some issues but working through them. They are not the best incubator by far and need a lot of tending but they say if you can hatch in an LG you can hatch in anything so that makes me want to keep working it out. I did modify the knob to a milk cap and found that to be a BIG help. The LG is easily over adjusted and is effected by room temp, drafts ect so keeping a close eye on it, is important. But you can get good hatches from them. Read all you can and make a chart to document the changes you make so you don't make the same mistakes twice!

so far my LG is in good shape idk about the humidy but my eggs look "normal"

I use the LG too. Kizanne left the link to the thread where we pool our info on using the LG.

Be sure to candle your eggs at 7 14 and18 days for chicken eggs. You need a diagram to compare what you see with what it should be. Eggs need to loose about13 % of the weight in moisture. Because the LG is stryofoam it doesn't let the eggs dry out easily. Use the dry hatch method, and adjust humidity as needed. A lot depends on where you live. THe humidity outside has shot up and that will effect the air drawn thru the incubator making for a moisture environment.

Candling can be done any time during the incubation. the weighing method depends on recording an egg weight BEFORE setting the eggs.

Diagrams of air cells, duck and chicken:

http://www.poultryconnection.com/quackers/aircell.html

Back
Top Bottom