LITTLE PEEP

Walinga

In the Brooder
Nov 22, 2015
PENDLETON OREGON
Well, I started with five little peeps I got from my grams, brought them home soon as they were born. Recently a dog ran them into the highway, sadly I only have one peep left. She rides on my shoulder while I work outdoors and comes in at night to roost on top of my bathroom mirror. Really not sure about this but I've let her do it because I'm a softie and feel sorry for her. She has my Tom cat and my hairless crestdoxie she hangs out with but she seems so alone. Tried getting her a pal but they didn't seem to get along. Thought of taking her out to Grams but I don't think she would fit in with the other chickens. Think I'll wait and see how we all do.

Thank you so much. I'll read this link you sent right away. I think she must be bantam or at least half, she can fly really well,just got home and she flew straight to my shoulder then to the bathroom mirror once inside. Perhaps she can see herself and thinks it's a friend !? She actually torments the Tom cat a bit, the dog they seem to play. Thanks again

Sounds like she'd be perfect as a house chicken. Lots of folks are having them indoors as pets. You might check out the popular thread "people with house chickens." There are also folks with house ducks.

welcome-byc.gif

I'm sorry for the loss of all but one of your birds. Yorkshire coop gave you a link to some good information but if that doesn't work for you, it sounds like she'd make a good house chicken.

Good luck and thanks for joining us!

Wondering about Peep molting. Grams chickens look awful and it's really getting cold. Does her staying inside at night have anything to do with it ? She's out all day and I hope that's ok. We do have a routine, she gets off mirror, comes wakes me up, I let her out, she's free on lots of property all day, comes to front door in evening to come in.

Back
Top Bottom