Little roo with giant mega huge crop, worry?

Still really full though. I guess as long as he's pooping, and his crop is full, and he has water, and his behvior is normal, I should probably just wait it out. At least that's what I'm thinking anyway. Seems reasonable. I have given him a few drops of olive oil though.

Check his crop before bed tonight. If it isn't starting to decrease, I would take additional action. There is a real danger to him if the contents of his crop start to ferment/rot.

I want to thank everyone for their concern, time and advice. A day in isolation seems to have really made a difference. His crop is definitely coming down, and the poops I'm finding are definitely his. I massaged his crop a few times and hour and gave him some olive oil. I think he's going to be fine which is such a relief.

But, while I have an audience, what do you think I should do as I let him back into the general population. If he ate so ****** much his crop lasted almost 24 hours, won't he do it again? I do have grit available now however.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom