Living in the city = needing somewhat quiet chickens...

amillecay

Songster
8 Years
Dec 29, 2011
Hello! So I had chickens, until last Monday when a Weasel got into the coop, it was quite tragic to going from having chickens for a very long time to having none at all, I don't quite know what to do with out them!... I never did keep these chickens at my house (which is in the city) I kept them, I guess you could say at a friends house, and we were planning on moving them over to our house in a few months, which was an extra disappointment too bad we couldn't have moved them earlier or they would have been fine!! Since we were planning on moving them despite how loud they enjoy being, I wasn't going to have to look for quiet chickens but since they are all gone, I figure I might as well!

I know that Australorps are known to be a tad bit more quiet and great egg layers!! But do you guys know of any other breed? Because I really want a bit of variety in the flock but I can't seem to find another breed that is well known to be a tad bit more quiet.

Last edited:
Oh yes I know that ;)

I do know though that some are more talkative than others, like the Red Star I had.. she enjoyed being very loud.

My Red sexlinks are mostly pretty quiet except when laying or bothered by something (ie dogs racing around the run). They often make little noises throughout the day that really can't be heard except in our own yard, and between dusk and dawn...not a peep.

My Red sexlinks are mostly pretty quiet except when laying or bothered by something (ie dogs racing around the run). They often make little noises throughout the day that really can't be heard except in our own yard, and between dusk and dawn...not a peep.
Really? Mine was so loud!!

Back
Top Bottom